Norton Internet Security by Symantec is a comprehensive computer protection program, which is widely used by users all over the world. It provides antivirus, antispyware, anti phishing, data privacy, and computer firewall services to its customers. Though because of its reliability and loyalty, it is highly favoured by millions, but sometimes it might block the file-sharing software. In case you also face this issue, you will have to open the respective ports these programs use in Norton Internet Security in order to make it work smoothly and efficiently. In order to open a port using Norton Internet Security, you can follow the below-mentioned steps. Moreover, if you are not able to do it, you can get in touch with the expert professionals by visiting our online portal – norton.com/setup, via our online chatbox.
- Click on the “Start” button on your Windows and type “Norton” in the search field and then click on the “Norton Internet Security.” ” Go to the “Settings” once the program loads.
- Click on the “Network” tab, select “Smart Firewall,” and choose “Configure.”
- Click “Add,” then select “Allow” and choose “Next.” Click either “Connections to other computers, “Connections from other computers” or “Connections to and from other computers.” The selection depends on what the port is to be used for. And if you are not sure, choose “Connections to and from other computers.”
- Click on “Next” and select either “Any computer,” Any computer in the local subnet,” or “only the computers and sites listed below.” Be sure to click “Add” if you choose “Only the computers and sites listed below” and enter the IP address or range of addresses. And again, if you are not sure, click on “Any computer.”
- Click on “Next” and use the drop-down menu to select the type of protocol that you need to open the port. And if not sure, use the default setting of “TCP and UDP.” Click on “Only communications that match all types and ports listed below” and select “Add.”
- Click either “Individually specified ports” or “Port range,” depending on how many ports you need to open. Click “Local” under Locality, only if you are opening the port on your computer. Otherwise, go to the next step.
- Click the “OK” tab and select “Next” twice. Enter a name for in the text box. Click “Next” and select “Finish.” Select the rule you just created and click on “Move Up” until it is at the top of the list. And finally, click “OK” three times.
So, if you are trying to open a port using Norton Internet Security, you can go through the above steps and do it in seconds. And if stuck in the norton setup, then get in touch with the expert techies at the Norton Customer Service.